Old 19-07-2010, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
gogo[_3_] gogo[_3_] is offline

Default Yet another "get rid of snails" question

On 19/07/2010 06:24, Graham Harrison wrote:

"Mentalguy2k8" wrote in message
Is there a humane way of doing this? Some sort of trap so the live
snails can be emptied a long way away?

My plants are being mutilated every night, I'm managing to catch the
ones still there during the day (one planter had 14 baby snails in
it!) but I reckon there's a battalion of them that come out after dark.

I really don't want to kill or hurt them so if I can "relocate" them
I'd be happy. Failing that, is there some sort of contraption to put
my pots and things on that they can't climb?

Nemaslug. http://www.nemasysinfo.com/slugs.shtml

Do you have experience using Nemaslug against snails? It's never been
quite clear to me if this is working or not, and at least one shop I
found is saying: "Kills slugs and nothing else (please note it does not
control snails)".
I've tried once without any success, but being in Scotland, I think the
soil temperature was a bit too low. I'm willing to try again if this
could work....

Philippe, Edinburgh