Old 19-07-2010, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default pruning tree with electrical saw

"john hamilton" wrote ...
We are helping a neighbour take down a massive laurel type tree. After
being knocked out with all the sawing we thought one of the reciprocating
type saws would be the answer.

These are the type of things, as in this page of the argos on line
catalogue.

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...IPROCATING+SAW

In the paper catalogue they also list a Bosh for £79.

Would anyone have experience of these types of saws for cutting into
*green* wood, and perhaps could recommend a particular one? Thanks.

I'd go for hiring a chainsaw but then I've used one before, can be
frightening to use (quite rightly).

A cheap new bow saw would be a good alternative...

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/79007/...-30-762mmCheap enough and probably last the job.--RegardsBob HobdenW.of London. UK