Old 19-07-2010, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bobharvey bobharvey is offline

Default Serious pigeon problem

On 19 July, 12:05, "TheScullster" wrote:
"michael" wrote

This year on our allotment,pigeons have been eating everything that is
not netted very securely-even lettuce,green unripe currants.There seem
to be many more pigeons than in previous years,and I will be having
nightmares if the numbers increase again and again.There do not appear
to be any predators around ,such as large birds of prey.
Apart from *netting more and more,has anyone found a successful way to
keep them away?
Michael

Has pigeon pie gone out of fashion all-of-a-sudden?

I really think this is the solution.

Round by 'ere we are suffering from the decline in song birds, and
whilst I suspect sprays and cats are among the reasons, the swoffling
of all the available food by pigeons can't be helping.

I'm too old to go after them with a slingshot, but I recall people
being very good with them when I was a boy. Does anyone do that now?