Old 19-07-2010, 11:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Flowers on parsley?

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:43:58 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

It's always been my understanding that parsley flowered in its second year,
but mine are (theoretically) first year plants, purchased from a garden
center, and they're flowering. Why?

It may have been "fooled" this is its second year. I start fresh
parsley from seed every year. It is very easy to grow, all you need
is sunshine, water and a little patience for the long germination
time.