Old 20-07-2010, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jill Bell[_3_] Jill Bell[_3_] is offline

Default Flying ants everywhere for a while....

On 20/07/2010 09:04, Broadback wrote:
I used to call it "Ant Day".

Yep, I remember 'Ant Day', too. But only from the 80s.

Last time it happened here the swallows swooped, not many left me thinks!

Yes, there was a mass gathering of swallows round here last night, and
I'd unearthed a load of flying ants while getting the oxalis out of the
cracks in the front path - suspect there must have been more on the wing
than just mine judging by the number of birds involved.