Old 20-07-2010, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CT CT is offline

Default What's this bug? What's making me itch??

Mitulove wrote:

Hello all,

Does anybody know what this bug is? I had lots of them crawling on my
arm when I came inside from the garden. The photo isn't clear, but
hopefully my hand will provide a size reference..

http://tinyurl.com/2at5z99

Could this be what is giving me itching bumps? I asked the doctor
about them yesterday and she thinks they're from fleas. The thing
is, I get them pretty much everywhere except my feet, hands, and head
and I would have thought the ankles are a perfect place for flea
bites.. I also only get a few at a time, though while I have them
they itch like crazy. :P I would greatly appreciate any help!

Difficult to tell from that pic, but it might what I always called a
"thunderbug" or thrips:

http://bitkikoruma.files.wordpress.c...08/thrps-2.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrips

--