Old 20-07-2010, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Donwill[_2_] Donwill[_2_] is offline

Default What's this bug? What's making me itch??

On 20/07/2010 16:44, Donwill wrote:
On 20/07/2010 12:43, Mitulove wrote:
Hello all,

Does anybody know what this bug is? I had lots of them crawling on my
arm when I came inside from the garden. The photo isn't clear, but
hopefully my hand will provide a size reference..

http://tinyurl.com/2at5z99

Could this be what is giving me itching bumps? I asked the doctor about
them yesterday and she thinks they're from fleas. The thing is, I get
them pretty much everywhere *except* my feet, hands, and head and I
would have thought the ankles are a perfect place for flea bites.. I
also only get a few at a time, though while I have them they itch like
crazy. :P I would greatly appreciate any help!

They could be harvest bugs perhaps. Our family went to live in a house
in Cardiganshire we were attacked by these things every summer if we
went to the garden. I have never come across them in any other garden
other than that one, I have lived in 6 houses since but never
experienced them any where else.
Don

Sorry, I think they are called Harvest Mites not bugs.