Old 20-07-2010, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Racquel Darrian Racquel Darrian is offline

Default Okra

wrote in message
Anyone any experience of growing okra? I planted it kind of at random, as
it was lying around and I'd never grown it before. Never tasted it
either,
actually.

I currently have 2 plants (I think I sold some at the summer fete) in the
greenhouse, still in quite small pots - both about 6" tall atm, but one
has
a bud that may be a flower but looking again today looks more like it may
be
a new leaf bud.

So ... what shall I do with them now?

--

I'm growing a new variety this year called Cajun Delight F1. It's been bred
for cooler climates. So far my plant is 1.5 foot tall and I've got some

When I was 11 years old I grew a plant in an unshaded greenhouse. It was the
best one I've ever grew. It was a good 3 or 4 foot tall with okra pods all
over it.