Old 20-07-2010, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default mushrooms in the lawn

On 20 July, 13:30, PtePike wrote:
wrote :

In article ,
dido22 wrote:

I suddenly have mushrooms growing in the lawn. Is there a way of killing
them permanently ?

No. *Why bother?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Why bother?
Many people like their lawns a bit like a bowling green.

I am not one of those but if you have children knocking around the lawn I
feel safer knowing exactly what is in my garden and lawn.

For example I have a ring of fungi which sometimes grows at this time of
year and they are as a collective called "fairy rings"
Now these can be potentially fatal.

http://mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/outdoor-
recreation/how/mushrooms/poisonous-mushrooms

I would rather be safe now than sorry later.

Thanks
PtePike

You garden is full of deadly plants. Even the veggie garden. Rhubarb
leaves potato leaves, tomatoe leaves.
Carnations, daffodils, hyacinth, tulip, ageratum, hellebore,
oleander.
Weeds too like ragwort, nightshade.
Shrubs, laurel, yew, leylandii, privet.

These plants are poisonous, some are deadly.
So get real. Get your kids trained up not to put things in their
mouths.
Nature has been conducting a chemical warefare agianst getting eaten
by herbivores for millions of years. We are not even herbivores &
stand no chance against these chemical weapons.