Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
kush

Default Large tank Leveling

Yes, definitely worry about it. If the stand isn't level there will be
uneven stress on the glass walls of the tank and on the structure of the
stand itself.

You can use carpenters wedges. They're cheap little pieces of scrap plywood
which are used for leveling when installing cabinetry and such. You wedge
pieces in until the unit is level and then snap off, cut, or otherwise break
off the excess. On finished cabinetry this is done from the inside of the
unit so the wedges don't show but, as I recollect, The AllGlass stands have
a fiberboard floor or some-such. You might want to pop the floor off if the
wedge stubs are going to show?

I've been known to wedge coins under the corners, albeit not on a setup that
weighs nearly 2000 lbs.

kush

"You can't have everything - where would you put it?"

Ian Mather wrote in message
. ca...
I'm in the process of setting up my new 150 Gallon Planted tank. 72X18X24

I've noticed a 1/8 of an inch slope along the width of the tank and a 1/8

of
an inch slop along the width. First is this something to be worried

about?
If so, what's the best way to level the tank?

The tank is sitting in an All-Glass stand which supports the tank all

along
the edges, but the bottom area is open.

Any suggestions/comments would be great.

TIA
Ian