Old 20-07-2010, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Geoff Lane Geoff Lane is offline

Default Hozelock 2in1

On 2010-07-18 19:31:17 +0100, Geoff Lane
said:

On 18/07/2010 16:45, Stan The Man wrote:

Yes, any hose storage system needs a feeder hose to connect it to the
water supply. Cut a piece from an old hose or, if you can spare it, from
the hose which came with the reel.

Worth giving a bit of though to as people instinctively tend to choose
too short a feeder hose, thereby limting range and flexibility. My tap
is a long way away from where I need the water and one of my hose carts
which I use exclusively on a distant veg plot has a 30 metre feeder hose
which I have lightly buried.

I was wondering if the hozelock pack came complete with feeder hose, I
have no spare hose so will have to buy some specifically.

Thanks for info.

All I have at the moment is the coiled type with its own metal
fittings and I want to give that to a relative.

AFAIK,no hose storage system is supplied with a separate feeder hose.
That would leave the manufacturer guessing at what length of feeder hose
is required - and different people want different lengths.

As has been said, if you don't want to *******ise your new hose and you
can't beg, borrow or steal an old hose from somewhere, you can buy a 15m
length of hose for under a tenner in many places.

Bought it, the supplied 25m was well more than I needed so cut off 2m
for feeder, all the connections were supplied and it works well.

Geoff Lane