Old 21-07-2010, 12:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Rabbits destructive this year (chairman)

ChairMan wrote:
In ,
EVP MAN spewed forth:
I see three different cats prowling around the neighborhood at night
and still have plenty of destructive rabbits.

they must not be hungry or don't like their owners.
i have one and he just brought one home last night and brings
"something" very very regularly and leaves it on the back patio.
Beams with pride for a little while, then eats it.
The grankids(boys) thinks it cool

Sadly you cannot train a cat that some prey is acceptable and others are
not, so they end up killing birds, reptiles and mammals that may warrant
preserving. While I quite like cats I will not have them where they can
prey on wildlife indiscriminately. OTOH a good dog can be taught to deal
with the bunnies and other pests and leave the others alone. And they tend
to eat in field which keeps the gore off the patio.

David