Old 21-07-2010, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle Mike Lyle is offline

Default Which is the best plant to be grown in UK?

kay wrote:
Harryg;894756 Wrote:
Hello everybody can anybody suggest me some plants which I can grow
in UK as per the climatic condition.

looking forward for your reply.

Best plant for what???

That's the key question, of course. But, Harry, why not visit a few of
the many gardens open to the public and see what you like? The staff, if
you can find them, will usually be glad to answer any questions you
have. You'd do best to visit the same garden several times in a year,
because of course different plants do best at different times.

Next stop, the bookshop: browse and pick up a beginner's book whose
style and pictures you like. Avoid anything too complete to start with:
you can get an advanced book later, if you want to, once you've got
things going nicely.

Nosey at the neighbours' gardens, too, to get an idea of what does well
in your area. Don't base too many decisions on what you see in garden
centres: the plants may be unsuitable, and will usually have been
produced in controlled conditions. And don't worry when things go wrong:
that happens to all gardeners.

--
Mike.