Old 22-07-2010, 03:27 AM posted to rec.gardens
EVP MAN EVP MAN is offline

Default Neighbor never has good tomatoes and it's his own fault

My next door neighbor never has good tomatoes and each year he complains
: I'm never going to buy my plants there again! LOL He don't
fertilize his soil at all, he don't water them at all and he plants
them right next to his asparagus bed that he dumps 20 pounds of rock
salt on each year. An area of about four by four foot. Every year I
have been getting nice crops of tomatoes and offering him some. This
year I also have a nice crop but guess what? No tomatoes for him this
year! I grew all my plants from seed indoors under grow lights before
setting them in the garden. I gave both of my next door neighbors eight
tomato plants, two cantaloupe plants and a purple cauliflower plant.
All our plants are doing fine except for the one neighbor who don't take
care of his. He won't have any excuse this year because all our plants
came from the same seed and he won't be getting any of my fruit either
since he neglected to care for his sorry looking plants! He says: I
just stick them in the ground and let them do whatever they want to do!
Oh, no more plants for him either come next season. I work too hard
raising them from seed just to watch them die a slow death in his yard!

Rich from PA