Old 22-07-2010, 01:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default Would welcome advice about taking on communal grounds maintenance

dprovan wrote:
hi all

thanks for the replies, they are very helpful and have helped to develop
my thoughts.

I am very sorry but a slight typing error has painted a very wrong
scneario. The maintenance fee is £100 per year so £4100 not £41000

I know little about this but have a close friend that does such work.

You would need:

a good self propelled mower
a smaller mower
weed eater/edger
blower

Hedge Trimmers
Sprayers
Shovels
etc..

In the US about $2000 for a minimal but decent setup.

You work harder in the summer.

My inclination is that unless you really desire to do this that you have
Home Owners look for another company. Or get them up it to 41,000!

Jeff