Old 22-07-2010, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Discararded pot plants used as a pot filler?

On 7/20/10 9:16 AM, in article , "songbird"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Wallace wrote:

I would think that stuff would be ok. Why not experiment? Plant
some with it and some with an alternative, and see what results?

Honestly, I'd use it too - use it to lighten heavy soil or mix in
with good compost. Waste not, want not

same here! i'm trying to talk a greenhouse
person to call me when they are going to
throw out old plants as i would love all that
lightener to throw on top of (and to mix in)
with this clay. even if it takes a few years
for the roots to fall apart it would still work
great.

songbird

And it will work - over time with patience. Good luck