Old 22-07-2010, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
soup[_5_] soup[_5_] is offline

Default Greenhouse questions

On 21/07/2010 09:40, Lordspudz wrote:

I can squeeze in a 8x6 which should be plenty big enough.

No it won't. We have an 8 X 6 and if we had the room we would
definately have gone up one if not two sizes (say to a 12 X 8)
(this eventuality is not to far beyond the realm of possibility.
'All' I have to do is enlarge the 'pad'[1] and find the money for
another greenhouse).
This size was probably OK the first year but we wished we had gone
bigger the next year.
Craftsman and probably others do things called glazing bars as a
replacement for glazing clips they are a tad wider and support along the
entire length of a piece of glass/poly rather than the three or four
places supported by clips. Have no experience of Silicon sealer used
with poly sheeting so cannot comment .

[1] http://www.cheesesoup.myby.co.uk/gh1.html

This shows just how small an 8 X 6 really is, sounds big but... .