Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Robert H

Default The Art of Aquascaping

"Marvin Hlavac" wrote in message able.rogers.com...
I have always admired people who drew nice pictures, who painted beautifully. To
put together a lovely flower arrangement is an art. I have never been
artistically inclined and to see some of the aquariums on the web sites of the
people who frequent this newsgroup is very inspiring. But no matter how I
arrange the plant in my fish tank it just doesn't look right.

I'm not so naive to think that art is something one can learn reading a book or
a web site at the age of 39 but perhaps there are few basic rules of the trade
which if fallowed will help people like me setup a planted aquarium which will
be aesthetically pleasing to us.

Are there any books or web sites out there which talk about this subject (not
just pictures...)?

Thanks in advance

You may visit my Aquascaping discussion forum,
http://www.aquabotanic.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=3, which is
moderated by and participated by AGA and ADA Aquascaping contest
winners. AS for books on the art, most people think of the Japanese
artist Amano, who has published several Nature World pictorial books.
The German/Dutch style has been written about by Arend van den
Nieuwenhuizen

The Aquarium Beautiful

yearBOOKS, Inc

1 TFH Plaza

Neptune, NJ 07753

This gives design instructions and is beautifully illustrated. You
may also find related articles on my WEB site.

Robert H
www.aquabotanic.com