Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
E. Mito

Default Non Aquatic Plants

In article , "Stuart Mueller"
writes:

What she did have was a different variety of small plant - it was labelled
as water hedge I think (or water something). it had lanceolate leafs, about
four on each side, one above each other, it seemed to grow from a few
bulbous roots and the leaf colour was a mid-green with a thin almost white
outline along the edge.

I would guess that a correct answer would depend on the actual species of plant
you came home with. A google search turned up Didiplis diandra as the
scientific name for the Water Hedge. If this is your plant, you are probably
ok...see the following link for a pictu

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/stats..._plants4b.html

Note: I found the same species referred to as Water purslane in the Barron's
guide to aquarium fish. The specs from this book: "6 inches; 20 mg/L CO2,
2-15 dCH, pH 6-7.8, 72-82 deg F; medium light. Good solitary plant for small
tanks."

Also found on Phyl's website at trueaquariumplants.com with the following
comment: "This plant is tolerant of a wide range of water conditions and does
well in crowded tanks. Discus love this plant and it can tolerate the higher
temperatures required."

If this does not look like your plant, well, you might need to give more
details to help someone more knowledgeable about plants to guess what it is, or
you can browse through some plant pics to see if you come across something that
looks like yours.

Good luck!

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm