Old 23-07-2010, 01:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Wendy7 Wendy7 is offline

Default Staghorn fern

The same way with fishing line but this time I used small screws to tie up
at.
Fifteen years ago I used those U shaped nails? The wood is cedar fencing cut
into three pieces.
There are some great videos on Utube on growing/mounting etc.
Cheers Wendy

"Nothome" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 08:48:30 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

Newly mounted Staghorn fern.
Cheers Wendy

How was the fern mounted prior ? I see what looks like nylon fishing
line holding the fern in place now.

I have never tried mounting to a flat board as it looks like you have
done. I use a basket with sphagnum moss, usually.

Sadly I currently own only one Staghorn fern. The three and one half
years I spent working away from home took a toll on my potted plants.
The neighbor taking care of them just did not understand their needs. Oh
well, he meant well and tried hard.

Tampa Bob