Old 23-07-2010, 06:57 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
Jean[_2_] Jean[_2_] is offline

Default BioFuel

I lately read about Algae Fuel. Now I am wondering why there isn't
any mass commercialization of such technologies - which potentially
can be used to fuel existing (diesel) vehicles without any or with
least modifications ? Is economic viability still a major factor
compared to mineral oils ?
Like many I also find it to be a cool idea to feed algae with CO2 and
sunlight and make oil.Even though burning those fuels generate CO2,
total CO2 content will remain unaltered. Seems like the most natural
way to mass produce fuel for your need.