Old 24-07-2010, 05:34 AM
MrsTrellis MrsTrellis is offline
Registered User

Unhappy Twin-wall polycarbonate - breather tape

Hello. I'm new to this forum, but am a longstanding gardening enthusiast.

I have experienced a problem with the installation of twin-wall polycarbonate panels in my small greenhouse, and I wondered if anyone else has the same problem. I was spurred on by Bunny Guinness’s article in The Telegraph, 10 Nov 2009, extolling the virtues of twin-wall polycarbonate panels to replace horticultural glass. During Spring this year, there were suddenly several suppliers selling polycarbonate online at very tempting prices. I plunged in and bought new panels, together with the aluminium tape and breather tape for sealing top and bottom cut ends respectively. I replaced all the roof panels of my greenhouse, and all seemed well. However, less than 3 months later, the breather tape has come unstuck on all panels, allowing debris and mould to start moving up, inside the channels.

The supplier denies hearing of anyone else having this problem. Please can anyone throw any light on why this breather, ‘anti-dust’ tape has failed to do its job?