Old 24-07-2010, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Hutson Alan Hutson is offline

Default Hover Flies v Yellow Sticky

Evening All

I have been lurking for a little while and have found quite a lot of
interesting stuff. Because of health I'm not up to doing as much as I used
to I'm in the Liverpool area

Sysop... I liked the welcome and have bookmarked the FAQ, Spent almost an
hour on it. I'm certainly going to try the pre germination tip on lawn
repair.

I have a a dozen or so specimen fuschias in a green house (Perhaps rather
more overcrowded than they should be) In terms of white fly I have a bit but
I wouldn't call it a problem, I haven't thought of spraying. White fly
protection has been by the yellow sticky stuff but now rejoice my garden has
had an invasion of hoverflies, they have of course found their way into the
greenhouse and have met their demise. I've been considering taking down the
yellow stuff and leaving it to the hoverflies.

What do you think? I'm also catching the odd bee which are now here in
abundance although very few until a week ago.

Alan