Old 24-07-2010, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default My one and only lupd seedling

"Christina Websell" wrote...
My aunt has some beautiful lupins, purple with a yellow lip so last year I
took a ripe pod and planted the seeds
in a pot.
I gave up on them but one germinated this spring.

Now something is eating the leaves, but as it has left a tell-tale slime
trail on the leaves, I've just covered the compost with broken eggshells.
I keep chickens and always save egg shells, I dry them in a basin on top
on my woodburner during the winter, crush them and keep them in a jar. I
either feed them back to my chickens (good source of calcium for them) or
use them for this purpose, making an uncomfortable road to my plants for
slugs/snails.

Fine for one potted plant, not so useful on an allotment. How many eggs can
one eat? :-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden