Old 25-07-2010, 09:55 AM
MickSturbs MickSturbs is offline
Registered User

Default Black Fly making a meal of my beans

Hello,

I have black fly munching my runner beans, I've used an organic spray which seemed to work immediately after the spraying (couple of days perhaps) although the little vermin reappear shortly afterwards.

The plants are doing well, plenty of flowers and a few beans coming through now. As there is lot foliage, I'm finding it difficult to reach the entire underside of the leaves with the small spray I've been using. It's also very expensive.

I am a complete novice; this is the first year I have grown. It seems my father's green fingered genes have taken a while to kick in for me. I would be very grateful of any tips members could give me, names of insecticides, method of spraying etc.

I'm really looking forward to picking my first basket of beans for the pot; I would hate to have these little pests ruin the crop.

My potatoes are also under attack, I'll post again for help on this one. Can you post pictures into a post?

Thanks very much for your assistance

Mark.