Old 25-07-2010, 02:40 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening
Bucky Breeder Bucky Breeder is offline

Default This mosquito is good at hiding

Matty F said this on the googlegroups.com:

I don't care who is right and who is wrong.
I just want the correct answer.
I had seen a number of websites that say mosquitoes
are not attracted to UV, and nothing to say the opposite.
When I next see mosquitoes
I'll drag out my zapper and see if it works.

Mostly, mosquitoes are attracted to 3rd-World countries,
and people who don't have any of the mosquito-nets yet.
Fly-paper strips, you pull out of the cylinder like a coil,
are really the best because you can taunt the little boogers
until they croak... "Cain't touch this... Cain't touch this.."

It's very gratifying and returns your sense of control.

HTH.

[I don't think PETA or the SPCA covers mosquitoes; but
just in case, please use discretion repeating any of this
because if they find out, they may stalk me -- or blog badly
about me. They can be so insensitive and ruthless! TIA.]

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and I'm not talking to the aliens