Old 25-07-2010, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mentalguy2k8[_2_] Mentalguy2k8[_2_] is offline

Default Little black Beetles

"Ian B" wrote in message

"mark" wrote in message
Lot's of them!

They're about the size of aphids. Anyone else experiencing them or know
what they are?

If they're the same as mine there are several zillion infesting my roses,
though dousing them with Provado seems to kill a lot of the buggers. I
don't know if they're to blame, but my first flush of blooms were a
stunted, distorted failure. But after Provado, I'm now getting some proper
flowers again.

Same here, I have a very small rose and with a million of these things on
it, it was getting even smaller!

Took 3 goes over the space of a week with the "multi purpose bug killer" but
they're gone now. I just assumed they were blackfly, but I'm probably wrong.