Old 25-07-2010, 06:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Leaves Curling In on themselves?

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 09:34:41 -0700, "The Ranger"
wrote:

The Cook wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 10:50:30 -0700, "The Ranger"
wrote:

[snip apricot tree problems]
I don't remember where you are but check out the extension office in
your area.

Zone 9b, I believe... Santa Clara Valley, CA.

http://www.csrees.usda.gov/Extension/index.html

A class would be nice, were time and money permitting, but currently neither
are available in enough quantities.

Thank you for the site, though. I did get more information and ideas.

The Ranger

I am of the opinion that everyone in the US should know how to contact
their local extension agent. They are the ones who should have the
best information for your area, from what varieties work best to what
in the world is killing my plant. The people here can give some
general information but don't count on it being applicable to your
area.

The agent for my area has been showing up at the local farmers market
to answer questions. Took a sample of a very sick tomato plant in
yesterday. Forget trying to make it well.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills