Old 26-07-2010, 12:05 AM posted to rec.gardens
Irondale Irondale is offline

Default Shasta daisies completely flopped

Yesterday, "rain showers" actually meant someone opened up
a fire hose in the sky. My shasta daisies were almost 5
feet tall, and now they're flattened. I don't see any
broken stems. They're just laying down as if to say "I'm
not takin' any chances". If I cut them back maybe halfway,
can I expect them to flower again? Most of the buds are in
the top 1/3rd of the current stems.

last year the same exact thing happened to my Shasta's.
Got
smarter this year and when the plant was starting to grow, I
put a tomato plant support ring around the plant. Two
months
later and they're still standing tall.

Going to do the same thing with a few other plants next
year.
Waiting until Spring/Summer stuff to go on sale.

Donna
in WA
Zone 8-9