Old 26-07-2010, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Flagstones and waterfall

"Richard" wrote ...
Someone is asking me about whether Yorkshire flagstones (3" thick slabs)
will be "any good" for a waterfall "for my pond".

What should I say?

The problem might be that the rock or a constituent dissolves in the water
causing problems especially as the water will be recirculating. Yorshire
Flagstones are a sandstone rock so there should not be a problem. To check
that they don't contain chalk pour some vinegar on them and see it they
react, if you get a froth then don't use them.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden