Old 27-07-2010, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Insect Bite

I was (foolishly) out on the allotment at twilight last night, in unfastened
canvas shoes. And surprise surprise, i got an insect bite. Unusually, I
saw the little bugger that did it, and it wasn't something I can name
(although I've seen them before, but I've mostly ignroed them)

It was about ... 1/8 inch long, shaped approx like a tiny moth or
grasshopper (kind of the shape of a grain of rice) and it was grey-ish
colour, possibly grey and white stripes.

I did manage to grab it, but tried not to squash it to ID it, then when I
let go it boinged off - think it was a jump not a flight. And it left a
little blob of blood where it had been slurping at my ankle.

Any clues?