Old 27-07-2010, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default Blueberries

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:57:58 +0100, Roger Tonkin

In article , says...

On 2010-07-26 21:38:34 +0100, Roger Tonkin said:

I am growing these this year in mid Wales for the first time. i have two
different varieties, with a good crop on each, but......

How do I know when they are ripe and ready to pick?

At the moment I have them varying from a pinkish green thought to slate
blue.

Thanks

Roger T

Try tasting the darker ones.

Tried that, they are very bland, not much taste, but then never having
bothered with Blueberries before, I must confest that I dont know what
they are supposed to taste like!

They vary a lot depending on variety. They reach their tastiest stage
a day or two before they go soggy! Pick them when they are just a bit
soft.

Steve

--
Neural Planner Software Ltd