Old 27-07-2010, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Mixed threads

Jake wrote:
One might be a bit sceptical about a lot of those who report an issue
using Outlook Express or Windows Mail as their newsreader but Vicky
seems to be using a Linux-based reader which has nothing to do with
Microshaft. So Vicky effectively tells me, without realising it, that
the problem doesn't rest with whichever newsreader someone is using.

I didn't realise I was doing it without realising it, I thought that that
was specifically what I was saying. ;-)

And yes, I'm using tin, which is a linux-based newsreader, from a public
news feed from news.individual.net, if that helps you.

It could always be that during propogation some server somewhere has 'fixed'
the problem or not honoured the references. Does that add another spoke to
your wheel?

I seriously suspect it's not anything to bother thinking about this much
already, though.