Old 28-07-2010, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin Roger Tonkin is offline

Default Sweet Williams?

In article , says...

Do you sow and grow your Sweet William?.
I have just pricked out into pots 120 ready for next year,and willplant them
out at the end of the year about late September or before they get pot
bound.

Any tips anyone.

Some people say that when the plants are about 4 - 6 inches, pick out
the tips, they will then bush out and give a much better yield. But with
120 plants, you've probably got more than enough!

I've found that they tend to self seed, so you get them coming up over
the next couple of years. This years flowering plants will also stand
through most winters and flower again next year, but not usually as
well.

Roger T