Old 28-07-2010, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Insect Bite

Pam Moore wrote:
And my right foot is now significantly swollen. :-(

And itchy?

A little, but not massively. More itchy on the swelling (and a little sore
to touch, too) than on the bite iself.

My guess is a mozzy of some sort. In twilight you might not see its
wings.

No, absolutely positive it wasn't a mosquito. It was right on the skin, and
it was, umm, stockier than a mosquito, whilst significantly smaller too.

BTW grasshoppers DO have legs, big ones.

Indeed they do. Otherwise, how would they be able to play the violin?
(ok, maybe I spent too much time reading Roald Dahl when I was young)