Old 28-07-2010, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default OT irrelevant language grump (Was: Wimberries?)

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 20:59:36 +0100, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

Jake wrote:
[...]

On family trips watch out for "lots of wimberries that have fallen
off the plants". [...]

OT Old pedant/ Sad, the death of terminal "n" in English, innit?
"Shame Warm bowlim evum betterum before lunch", knowhymean? The plague's
moved on to "-nd" now, too: chap at the bank was helpfully telling
people in the queue to go to the M1...¿Qué?...Oh, the /end one/! /OT
Old pedant

I apologise, having realised only now that I mis-spelt something. The
quoted text should have read "fallen ORF the plants" and, indeed, the
period (American) or full stop (English) should have preceded the
closing double inverted commas.

I also left out a comma in an earlier post and, whilst I cannot
remember, now, which one that was, I unreservedly apologise for that
omission.

I shall wear sackcloth and eat ashes for at least two seconds in
penance (which is nowhere near Cornwall).

Jake

http://www.rivendell.org.uk coming soon