Old 29-07-2010, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default What a lousy year for veg!

wrote:
My courgette is a disaster, YET AGAIN. I have avoided mosaic virus,
but it has something that causes blossom end rot before it is big
enough to make even a nibble. I think that I shall give up, as
with potatoes :-(

Aww, that's a shame. Courgettes and potatoes seem to be the only things we
can't get wrong. (We always do too many potatoes, with a few of several
types rather than a lot of one - just dug up the firsts, as they were a bit
small the first time - probably due to late frost. All looking good so far,
but the red ones seem more slug-prone than the others. Will have to work
out what variety they are once I find The Book)