Old 29-07-2010, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What a lousy year for veg!

In article ,
kay wrote:
In article ,
Bob Hobden
wrote:-

Sounds like lack of pollination.-

Does that cause blossom end rot?

It causes them to start rotting from the blossom end before they've
grown much. If yours get big before rotting, then it won't be lack of
pollination.

This is the first time that I have grown only one, and the first
time indoors! I live and learn.

For me, it's been a really bad year for broad beans - no pollination.
OK for French and Runner, and sugar snap peas.

My broad were OK, though not brilliant. I have started getting
French now that I am watering frequently, but runner are still
useless, and the peas haven't even grown properly (but I am now
getting a few). I have had to water my strawberries just to keep
the plants alive!

My sandy soil has had perhaps 1/4" in over 2 months :-(

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.