Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Ross Vandegrift

Default Substrate

In article , LeighMo wrote:
If you're thinking of growing other plants one day, invest in Seachem Flourite
or Onyx. It's worth it.

I setup my 29 gal with Onyx and I haven't been to impressed with how
it's worked out. An Amazon Sword plant took to it nicely, but plants
that I expected to grow like weeds have been reluctant to develop strong
roots - water sprite, hygro type stuff.

My lighting is good - 72W, 12 hrs/day. An occasional dose of
fertilizer. I know some of it is my skittish pleco zooming around the
bottom of the tank everytime someone walks past, but compared to my
gravel tank that hooks plants like glue... Maybe I just haven't found
the sweet spot for that tank yet.

--
Ross Vandegrift

A Pope has a Water Cannon. It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it. It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it. It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it. It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced. It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive. He shoots them.