Old 29-07-2010, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default What a lousy year for veg!

In article ,
says...

In article , wrote:
alan.holmes wrote:
Is it because of the lack of rain, but very little has come from seed, and
as I am on a water meter, I have not watered as much as I used to.

I have to say, my courgettes seem to be doing particularly well this year.
And I know they're not vegetables, but my redcurrants and blackcurrants are
stunning.

Well, they definitely aren't animals or minerals :-)

My courgette is a disaster, YET AGAIN. I have avoided mosaic virus,
but it has something that causes blossom end rot before it is big
enough to make even a nibble. I think that I shall give up, as
with potatoes :-(

Just to cheer you up, our courgettes and potatoes have been fantastic
this year, despite a very cool dry start. Great year for shallotts
basil, parsley and pick-and come-again salad too. On the downside I
don't think the outside tomatoes are ever going to set fruit though they
are tall, healthy and have been in flower for weeks.

Janet