Old 29-07-2010, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Mooli (white radish)

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote...
Has anyone else tried growing them? Mine are not a success, they have
gone to seed already without making a root.
I grew them in a 3 ft deep box of compost (they would struggle in my clay
soil) but I've used the box several times for beans and not replaced the
compost.
I thought they'd be able to get their roots down in there, but alas, they
are obviously not impressed. Ideas?

Yes, quite some years ago now. We also had heavy clay/silt soil on that
allotment and they grew well but the slugs also liked them so they ended
up with lots of holes etc. The white radish bit actually grew mainly
above ground just like a normal radish if I remember correctly.

No sign of roots here, just flowers. Dammit, I have a wonderful recipe for
mooli curry, have tried it for bought ones, great, but wanted to try and
grow my own.
Spectular unsuccess with mine :-(

Tina