Old 29-07-2010, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Psssttt...wanna buy a courgette?

In article ,
Christina Websell wrote:
"Jill Bell" wrote in message

Up here in Derbyshire we have the same problem with damsons.

My damsons are not quite ready yet, I have a lot of damson trees, what do
you do with yours? Damson crumble, damson gin?

Mine are a way off, but I will have LOADS. Good things include:

Damson crumble, Queen Claude's ribbons (but with damsons), damson
chutney, damson jelly, damson and walnut jam, damson cheese, etc.
Most plum recipes work, but damsons have a MUCH stronger flavour.
Pureed damson freezes well, and can be made up into anything
relevant, including fruit sauces for both meat and pudding.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.