Old 29-07-2010, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Psssttt...wanna buy a courgette?

wrote in message
In article ,
Christina Websell wrote:
"Jill Bell" wrote in message
.. .

Up here in Derbyshire we have the same problem with damsons.

My damsons are not quite ready yet, I have a lot of damson trees, what do
you do with yours? Damson crumble, damson gin?

Mine are a way off, but I will have LOADS.

So will I!

Good things include:

Damson crumble, Queen Claude's ribbons (but with damsons),

what is that?

damson
chutney, damson jelly, damson and walnut jam, damson cheese, etc.
Most plum recipes work, but damsons have a MUCH stronger flavour.
Pureed damson freezes well, and can be made up into anything
relevant, including fruit sauces for both meat and pudding.

Person in Leics will swap damsons for courgettes ;p)

Tina