Old 29-07-2010, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default OT irrelevant language grump (Was: Wimberries?)

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 21:28:05 +0100, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

Jill Bell wrote:
On 28/07/2010 21:51, Jake wrote:

I apologise, having realised only now that I mis-spelt something. The
quoted text should have read "fallen ORF the plants" and, indeed, the
period (American) or full stop (English) should have preceded the
closing double inverted commas.

I also left out a comma in an earlier post and, whilst I cannot
remember, now, which one that was, I unreservedly apologise for that
omission.

I shall wear sackcloth and eat ashes for at least two seconds in
penance (which is nowhere near Cornwall).

Jake

And to my shame I have to admit to realising I'd put an apostrophe in
the wrong place in at least one of my posts.
Jill

Egad, youngsters today! I blame Gladstone.

Ooooh, you flaterer! It's been a long time since I've been referred to
as young. I think the last time was just before the Queen's coronation
(the Queen before they started televising them).

The deliberate mistake (and the possible second, depending on your
interpretatiion of the need for luggage at the commencement) I leave
for your discovery and concomitant entertainment.

;-))

http://www.rivendell.org.uk coming soon