Old 29-07-2010, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Moles

[SINPPING APPLIED]
I had my first experience of the mole fraternity when I bought my
present house - then a new build on old farmland (at least what became
my back garden was a chicken run in its previous incarnation - lovely
soil!). Anyhow, the garden came with what I assumed were the resident
moles (plural). After a few weeks of trying mole smokes (b****y
useless apart from the fun of watching plumes of smoke erupting all
over the grass (the entire back garden was grass - couldn't call it a
lawn)), a wise old sage educated me to the fact that I probably only
had one mole - they're territorial blighters. On his advice I bought
one of those spring caliper trap things and located it, suitably
primed, in one of the runs. Next day I'd caught a mole. Dead as a
dodo.

{MORE SNIPPING APPLIED]

Whoops. My apologies to Mike L. I have inadvertently introduced
another grammatical abberation. For "only had one" please substitute
"had only one".Sackcloth and ashes reassumed.

;-((
Jake

http://www.rivendell.org.uk coming soon