Old 29-07-2010, 10:42 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.rec.gardening,uk.people.silversurfers,rec.food.cooking
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default clean with magazine sheets but not newspaper?

Graham.
wibbled on Thursday 29 July 2010 22:28

Clutch-head security screws. Saw them on TW in the 70s I think.
Never saw them in the wild for years, now they are a common sight
fastening public toilet cubical panels together.

I can remember a few others that did too... Not necessarily that fast.

Ronstrip. Or rather the same sort of caustic gunk applied to a large wooden
area, coated with a blanket then pulled off an hour or so later, paint and
all. I guess that form would never had made it in the market, but I'm almost
certain Ronstrip must be the practical derivative.

Talking-telephone-computer-menus: I saw that when I was a kid - thought:
wow, an actual computer talking to you. Never guessed how bloody annoying it
would be @-|

Sure they must have done quite a bit on "self driving cars" which whilst
that happened, look at the parking assist and the safety-distance-brake that
are on quite a lot of cars now.

--
Tim Watts