Old 29-07-2010, 11:59 PM posted to alt.bread.recipes,uk.rec.gardening

Default Psssttt...wanna buy a courgette?

On 07/30/2010 12:18 AM, wrote:
In uk.rec.gardening Tim W wrote:
Courgette bread will use at least some of them. Freezes really well too. A
fine savoury crusty bread with an unusual pale green crumb - very showy for
light lunches, toasts and sandwiches. Non english-speakers call it zuccini
bread.

One of my favourite uses is to grate it into cake + muffin mix - produces a
batch of impressively green sweet snacks.

Courgette bread with a bit of cheese on top is lovely, it also makes a
good cake. Very easy, my 12 yr old daughter likes to dispose of them
this way. Freezes well.

One good way to use them is to cut in half, scoop out the seeds and fill
with sausage meat. Top with grated cheese and freeze. Makes a great
quick dinner all winter long. (Good way to dispose of tomatoes too).

-E