Old 30-07-2010, 11:17 AM posted to alt.bread.recipes,uk.rec.gardening
Jill Bell[_3_] Jill Bell[_3_] is offline

Default Psssttt...wanna buy a courgette?

On 29/07/2010 23:18, wrote:
In uk.rec.gardening Tim wrote:
Courgette bread will use at least some of them. Freezes really well too. A
fine savoury crusty bread with an unusual pale green crumb - very showy for
light lunches, toasts and sandwiches. Non english-speakers call it zuccini
bread.

One of my favourite uses is to grate it into cake + muffin mix - produces a
batch of impressively green sweet snacks.

I use a mix of grated carrot and courgette, dotted with butter and a
good grinding of black pepper, then microwave until hot. Makes a good
veg alternative
Jill