Old 30-07-2010, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mark mark is offline

Default Wildflower Garden

"harry" wrote in message
On 29 July, 17:58, "mark" wrote:
I've decided to help the bees and make a wildflower garden.

Action taken so far is to identify an area of back lawn for the project
and
this has been culled using glycosphate but needs redoing to get the bits I
missed.

I've got a few packets of wildflower seeds courtesy of Coppella at the
Hampton Ct. Flower Show. I've also collected a few seeds myself: poppy, ox
eye daisy etc., and am on the look out for other suitable seed heads. The
plan is to sprinkle these about in September.

Never done this before so would appreciate any dos and don'ts etc.

mark

I suggest you research the best plants that will grow in your soil/
shade/sun conditions before you go out buying expensive wild flower
seed.