Old 31-07-2010, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael michael is offline

Default Serious pigeon problem

On 27 July, 13:50, DebbieR wrote:
michael;894617 Wrote:

This year on our allotment,pigeons have been eating everything that is
not netted very securely-even lettuce,green unripe currants.There seem
to be many more pigeons than in previous years,and I will be having
nightmares if the numbers increase again and again.There do not appear
to be any predators around ,such as large birds of prey.
Apart from *netting more and more,has anyone found a successful way to
keep them away?
Michael

I've got a bird scarer that looks like a pair of eyes watching them. It
turns round in the wind and light flashes and reflects off it too, and
it definitely keeps the birds away. The best and cheapest solution I've
found to keep them away anyway. This is what it looks like:

'Rotating Bird Scarer - Wind Powered £9.49'
(http://tinyurl.com/3ad7773)

To be honest, the eyes even spook me a little bit!

--
DebbieR

THanks,Debbie-I might try this device,Mike